Your privacy matters to us
We understand your concerns about privacy and have drafted the present Policy to describe our collection, use, disclosure, and protection (“process” or “processing”) of your personal information, how we obtain your informed consent, how you can access your personal information and whom to contact if you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or if you wish to exercise your rights with respect to this information.
We have also appointed a Privacy Officer who can be reached at:
Privacy Officer, Strigo
1035 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 300,
Outremont, Québec, H2V 2L1
Please take the time to review the information below.
Protecting Your Privacy and Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual or information that allows an individual to be identified. This may include information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, credit information, billing records or service information. Generally, personal information does not include business contact information or other exceptions created by law.
At Strigo, we know that our customers and users trust us to maintain the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously.
To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Strigo employs technical, operational and administrative safeguards in its network and systems appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. Employees are trained and reminded of the obligations to protect your privacy and personal information. Where personal information is disclosed to third parties, we ensure through our contracts with them that there are comparable level of protections and safeguards. Only employees and service providers who require your personal information to carry out their duties will have access to it.
To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to certain personal information may be protected with a password you select. We strongly advise that you do not share your password with anyone. Strigo will not ask for your password in any unsolicited communication.
It all starts with your consent.
BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO STRIGO OR ITS AGENTS OR BY OTHERWISE INDICATING YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY PROCESS SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY AND AS PERMITTED OR REQUIRED BY LAW.
Consent is not forever. You can withdraw your consent or opt-out of the processing of your personal information, subject to legal and contractual requirements, by contacting Strigo’s Privacy Officer at the coordinates provided above. We respect your choice but if you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or information which may be of value to you.
If you provide Strigo or our agents with personal information of another individual (for example, an authorized user on your account), we ask you to respect their privacy and obtain all necessary consents from such person to enable us to process their personal information for the purposes described in this Policy.
What Personal Information We Collect and Why
Strigo’s goal is to connect you to what matters. Connecting people is personal and that means knowing certain personal information about you. The personal information we collect and the uses we make of it can be found in the table below.
|Why we collect it
this includes your name, address, telephone number, email address.
your credit card and other payment information.
your network data, your IP address, and any information concerning the use of our network through those devices.
information concerning your usage of our website and our products and services, as well as any comments, input or concerns you have raised with us.
We collect your personal information directly from you at various times during your relationship with Strigo, including:
- when you provide your personal information during the inquiry, activation or purchase process for a product or service,
- when we provide service to you, including technical support or warranty, repair or service claims,
- when you use our products or services, visit our Website (such as through cookies or similar technologies), use one of our applications, call into our call center,
- from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies, or other third-parties with whom you have had a payment relationship,
- from any e-mail, messages that you send to Strigo or its agents as related to your service.
We will request your consent, where necessary, before using your personal information for any new purposes beyond those described in this Policy.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in circumstances when we have your express or implied consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to a person acting as your agent (such as an authorized user on your account or a legal representative) when, in our reasonable judgement, that person is authorized to receive your personal information,
- to our suppliers, service providers and authorized agents who assist with activities related to providing you with service, network maintenance or payment processing,
- to third-party collection agencies and third-parties, such as credit reporting agencies or anyone with whom you have had a payment relationship, to assess creditworthiness or to assist with the collection of amounts owed to Strigo that are past due,
- to delivery organizations to ship you products or provide services you have ordered,
- to a government institution or another organization if reasonably necessary to establish your identity, to investigate a contravention of a law or an agreement, to prevent fraud, to comply with regulatory reporting requirements or to respond to a matter you initiated,
- to an appropriate public authority in an emergency situation, such as where there is imminent danger to life or property,
- to a third party to whom you have given consent (such as a financial institution or government agency) to receive your personal information, or
- as permitted or required by law.
When you visit our Website, receive communications or follow links on our Website, you may encounter some of the following features intended to customize and improve your experience:
- We may use a browser feature called a “cookie” to collect information such as the Internet Protocol address, the type of Internet browser and operating system being used, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Website, the date and duration of your visit, number of visits, time spent visiting our Website, pages viewed and number of cookies accumulated. We collect this information to help us understand and improve your experience on our Website.
- Beacons – Our Website may also use a technology called “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. These beacons are used to help us optimize and tailor your browsing experience for you and future visitors to our Website.
- E-mail Communications – We may send e-mail communications to you, such as your monthly bill for services or, if you have consented, marketing information that may be of interest to you. In this process, we may collect certain information such as the date and time you first opened our e-mail communications, the number of times you open our e-mail communications, the number of click-throughs, total click-through activity on the contents of our e-mail communications and compile generally the related statistics. When aggregated for all customers, this information is used to manage and improve our communications to you.
- Links – Our Website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Other third-party websites may have different privacy policies than Strigo (which we suggest you consult) and we have no responsibility for those third-party websites.
Storage of Personal Information
Strigo is proudly Canadian, but the Internet and communications are global. We may transfer, store or process your personal information on servers in or outside Canada, including in the United States. While your personal information is subject to appropriate safeguards, it may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is held.
How Long is Personal Information Retained
Accessing and Verifying the Accuracy of Your Personal Information and Other Rights
To provide you with a good service experience, we want your personal information to be accurate, complete, and up to date. You may ask to review your personal information at any time and request to correct or update it, as appropriate, by contacting Strigo’s Privacy Officer at the coordinates provided above. You may also ask for your personal information to be deleted.
You also have:
i) the right to request that we cease disseminating your personal information, ii) the right to request that we de-index any hyperlink attached to your name that provides access to information by a technological means; iii) the right to request that we re-index a link providing access to information; or iv) the right to request that we communicate to you, as well as to any person or body authorized by law to collect such information, any computerized personal information collected from you in a commonly used technological format.
We will generally respond to all access requests within 30 days of the receipt of all necessary information. In circumstances where we are not able to provide access, or if additional time is required to fulfill a request, we will advise you in writing.
We may not release certain types of information based upon exemptions specified in applicable laws. Where possible, we will sever the information that will not be disclosed and provide you with access to the remaining information. Should we be unable to provide access to or disclose Personal Information to you, we will provide you with an explanation, subject to restrictions.
In certain circumstances, such as where the request is excessive or unfounded, we may charge you an administration fee for access to your Personal Information. We may also charge for additional copies. We will advise you of any fees before proceeding with a request.
Employment Applications and Employees
If you are applying for employment with Strigo, the personal information that you provide will be used to assess your qualifications and suitability as a potential employee. Strigo may also collect and process additional personal information provided by you or your references during the evaluation and hiring process. Your personal information will become part of your employment file if you are a successful candidate. From time to time, Strigo may collect and process additional information about you, such as test scores and performance assessments, for the purpose of managing the employment relationship.
If you did not become a Strigo employee and you do not want to be considered for future job opportunities, we will retain your personal information for six months or for as long as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations such as immigration and visa requirements, or to resolve any disputes related to the hiring process. If you have consented to being considered for future job opportunities, we will retain your personal data for three years. After this period, you will be asked to renew your consent.
All personal information retained by Strigo will be stored in a secure and confidential manner with limited access rights.
More Information on Canada’s Privacy Laws
If you would like more information on Canada’s privacy laws or have a concern regarding Strigo’s processing of your personal information that we have not addressed to your satisfaction, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada 30 Victoria Street Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3 Toll-free: 1-800-282-1376.