Who we are
Founded in 2008, TerreStar Solutions Inc. (TerreStar) is a Canadian-led company with extensive experience and a solid track record of delivering value and innovative wireless telecommunication services.
Our management team was at the heart of building Microcell’s Fido service in Canada. In 1996, we democratized Canadian wireless services by making Fido the device of choice for everyday communication needs, the device that follows you everywhere. Today, TerreStar wants to expand beyond the current cellular network infrastructures to make that notion of “everywhere” a reality in Canada.
We want Canadians to be connected to their world wherever they may be in Canada. To make this a reality, TerreStar relies on a unique web of infrastructure, technologies and partnerships.
To support the vision of “everywhere in Canada” TerreStar acquired:
- A geostationary satellite asset (Echostar T1)
- Canadian mobile satellite licences in the 2 GHz frequency band
- Canadian satellite ground network infrastructure
Our shareholders have significant global wireless and satellite communications holdings and experience. They include DISH Network (DISH), a Fortune 250 company, through a wholly-owned subsidiary; and Fortress Investment Group, a global investment manager, as a financial sponsor.
TerreStar is unique
- Our satellite licence allows for the reuse of spectrum on the ground with cellular service, thus optimizing the network coverage with the satellite and network capacity with the latest cellular technologies.
- We are the only company in Canada with activities in the satellite and cellular business.
- We use an agile and open business model based on connecting experts and delivering services through combined technologies and collaborative partnership agreements.