Your career is going places!
Get ready! Strigo is a game changer in the Canadian mobile communications space. If you’re tech savvy, inspired by the great outdoors, and driven by team spirit, solidarity, determination and accessibility. Strigo might be just the place for you!
Check out our list of available positions and even if you don’t see one that’s an exact fit, drop us a line. We love hearing from people with get up and go!
- Feb 08, 2021
The Manager, Market Intelligence is responsible for the market analysis and segmentation of Strigo’s solution lineup. In addition, they will support the product team with the organization’s pricing strategy. This is a multi-disciplinary role that supports the strategic and tactical efforts of the Strigo MSS Products/Services/Devices, guides sales and marketing initiatives, as well as the supporting channel strategy to ensure that marketable products are delivered to Strigo’s customers & target markets.
She/He is accountable to achieve the established objective key results (OKRs) related to Strigo’s revenues, product margins, product development/evolution as well as to support proactively the achievement with success of sales targets, marketing communications activities and brand awareness development. The incumbent will develop and implement best practices in his job scope using working environment 2.0 tools, social media technologies and processes.
The Manager, Marketing Intelligence’s primary purpose is to gather market intelligence, perform customer research, translate customer "needs/wants" into requirements, and with other Strigo Team members, to shepherd those requirements through to delivery and high customer satisfaction.
Job Level and Scope
The Manager, Market Intelligence reports to the VP Business Development. They are a key member of a cross-functional team (marketing, product/device management, engineering, care, network operations) responsible for successfully building Strigo’s client base across Canada. The candidate strongly adheres and promotes throughout the organization the Strigo’s vision of using working environment 2.0 tools, social media technologies and processes to reach out and interact with customer to support best customer experience and efficient sales.
As an energetic and engaged spearhead with analytical / concise communication skills, she/he promotes throughout the organization Strigo’s vision, adheres to the Company’s promise to connect “Everyone Everywhere” and is a true ambassador of our Solidarity, Accessibility, Determination values.
Excellent communicator in both English and French languages, the incumbent delivers inspirational, persuasive, factual messages to a broad scale of stakeholders. Her/His mastery of market intelligence and management processes as well as the telecom /satcom sectors is a real asset to the organization.
Functions and Responsibilities
Manage current product & service evolution in alignment with market requirements
- In alignment with the product team, define the product and service vision and roadmap to support the acquisition strategy
- Gather and document customer insights by segment from both a device and future solution perspective
- Conducts extensive and quantitative analysis of competition strategies (features, pricing) on a monthly basis (market watch)
- Provides monthly updates to/recommendations for management team
Support Service Development (new pricing /new features)
- With support from Finance and Marketing, helps structure the pricing evolution and roadmap to support the acquisition strategy. Introduction of new M2M/IoT Focused service
- Gather customer insights per segment from a pricing structure perspective.
- Conduct extensive quantitative and qualitative research and leverage primary research. Perform thorough data analysis to synthesize actionable insights on the competitive landscape across offerings ,roadmap, strategy,sales and financials.
- Monitor/analyze and stay current with technology roadmap
(eg. network features)
- Update the organization monthly and provide recommendations to the Strigo/TSI management team
- Work closely with business development team to remain current on client objections and feedback
Market Segmentation and Targeting
- Develop/analyze market segments and manage/plan strategy per target group
- Build User Cases in line with target groups
- Quantify and document target groups
- In collaboration with sales, identify/list target customers and establish the go to market action plan to support sales objectives
Sales and revenue forecasting process
- Lead the pricing development process for approval
- In collaboration with Finance, marketing and Sales, coordinate the ARPU and Sales forecasting and monitoring
- Support revenue assurance validation from finance requests
- Lead the segmentation and targeting of prospective channel partners (i.e. Solutions integrators)
- Drive the pricing model development and recommendation for target partners
- The Manager, Market Intelligence should lead by example and expertise influencing team vision, behavior, productivity, and professionalism.
- The position has no direct reports but requires working as a partner with Strigo team members and external partners to support a decision-making approach based on supported facts and sound reasoning.
- The incumbent is fully accountable for market intelligence management goals and action plan delivery as well as related financial aspects (revenue, margin).
- Advises / recommends and implements product pricing development and evolution strategy and tactics for approval.
- Selects and prioritizes target segments and partnership opportunities.
- Recommends budget requirements and allocation within the job scope and manage approved budget successfully.
- Develops and recommends revenue generation strategies, activities and processes for approval.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related Business Degree – or combination of applicable education and experience
- 5+ years of business/market/product development
- Expert knowledge in the telecom/ISP/satcom market(s) to consumers (B2C) & enterprises (B2B)
- Experience using CRM to manage and forecast sales and demand opportunities
- Competent with Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Experience with Linkedin tools or HubSpot is an asset for customer relationship management
- Bilingual English and French languages is an asset
Self-driven with strong presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated passion for sales/marketing and product and service management, easily builds rapport, delivers consistent results in a target-driven environment and is genuinely invested in supporting others.
- Strong team player focused on expertise sharing and collaboration
- Strong analytical skills and ability to simplify complex concepts into business solutions and profitable user cases
- Influence and encourages colleagues through visible, open and “available” presence with team. Maintains a high level of accessibility with employees across Strigo. Instills confidence and takes pride in mentoring employees.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an agile small team / start-up environment where test and learn fast is required. Ability to work in a target-driven environment
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicates the value proposition in a concise manner through proposals and presentations. Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Financial Acumen. Ability to manage budget, develop business cases, track returns and understand data analytics.
- Comfortable engaging with senior executives and sales teams
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including strong asset creation skills (typically in PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel