Your career is going places!
Get ready! Strigo is a game changer in the Canadian mobile communications space. If you’re tech savvy, inspired by the great outdoors, and driven by team spirit, solidarity, determination and accessibility. Strigo might be just the place for you!
Check out our list of available positions and even if you don’t see one that’s an exact fit, drop us a line. We love hearing from people with get up and go!
- Jun 17, 2022
The Manager of Market Intelligence is responsible for broad market research and analysis to support new and ongoing initiatives from different groups within the organization. She/he is responsible for defining, monitoring and analyzing the macro trends impacting the satellite and mobile telecommunication industries and the competitive landscapes where Terrestar Solutions operates.
She/He is accountable for defining and developing the tools and frameworks required to gather, store and analyze competitive information and to drive actionable insights from the intelligence obtained. She/He strongly adheres to and promotes throughout the organization Strigo’s vision of using working environment 2.0 tools, social media technologies and processes to optimize customer experience and drive business development efficiency.
Job Level and Scope
The Manager of Market Intelligence reports to the VP of Business Development and is a key member of a cross-functional team (marketing, product management, engineering, care, network operations, program management) that is jointly responsible for building Strigo’s client base across Canada. The successful candidate is a primary reference for customer behavior modeling and industry value chain mapping for extracting strategic insights and implications.
As an energetic and engaged leader with strong communication skills, the candidate adheres to the Company’s promise to connect “Everyone Everywhere” and is an ambassador of our core values: Solidarity, Accessibility and Determination.
Excellent communicator in both English and French the incumbent delivers inspirational, persuasive, factual messages to a broad range of stakeholders. Her/His mastery of market segmentation and business intelligence methodologies as well as management processes in the telecom/satcom sectors is a real asset to the organization.
Functions and Responsibilities
Market research and data analytics
- Develops and deploys tools and processes to collect competitive intelligence.
- Conducts extensive qualitative and quantitative analyses to convert data into actionable insights and identify value-creating opportunities.
- Supports strategic planning by facilitating discussions with key stakeholders to ensure data driven outcomes.
- Is an authority on business analytics and an organizational reference for descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Support product development roadmap
- Works closely with the Product team to define and prioritize the product roadmap providing insights into current and future market dynamics.
- Develops top-down approaches to quantify markets on verticals of interest and support demand model creation.
- Influences the organization to steer towards projects and strategies that ensure long-term value creation and sustainability.
Support to sales and customer experience
- Works closely with Business Development teams to gather customer feedback and convert it into short- and long-term actionable insights closing the loop with the product development function.
- Develops frameworks to understand the segments of interest and to develop segment-tailored sales and communication strategies.
- Supports data analysis and intelligence gathering as required.
- The Manager of Market Intelligence leads by example and expertise influencing team vision, behavior, productivity, and professionalism.
- The position has no direct reports at the time of writing but requires working as a partner with Strigo team members and external partners to support a decision-making approach based on supported facts and sound reasoning.
- The incumbent is fully accountable for business intelligence management goals and action plan delivery as well as related financial aspects (revenue, margins).
- The incumbent is fully accountable for driving the Business Intelligence Unit’s growth and is a key contributor to the future project roadmap.
- Advises/recommends strategies that adhere to TSI’s core values and strategic priorities to ensure sustainable long-term success.
- Drives the intelligence gathering methodology and framework and based on information gathered and deep data analysis, provides clear recommendations.
- Drives cross-functional best practices in data gathering, structuring and analysis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related business degree – or combination of applicable education and experience. MBA is an asset.
- Five+ years of business/market/product development/strategy/business intelligence.
- Expert knowledge in the telecom/ISP/satcom market(s) to consumers (B2C) and enterprises (B2B).
- Competent with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Being bilingual (English and French) is an asset.
Self-driven with strong presentation and communication skills. Superior leadership, analytical, problem-solving and judgment skills. Delivers consistent results in a target-driven environment and is genuinely invested in supporting others.
- Is a strong team player focused on expertise sharing and collaboration.
- Has strong quantitative modeling and analytical skills, and the ability to simplify complex concepts into business solutions and profitable user cases.
- Influences and encourages colleagues through a visible, open and “available” presence with the team. Maintains a high level of accessibility with employees across Strigo. Instills confidence and takes pride in mentoring employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to thrive in an agile and small team/start-up environment where testing and learning fast is required. Is able to work in a target-driven environment.
- Effectively communicates the value proposition in a concise manner through proposals and presentations. Has a proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Has financial acumen. Is able to manage a budget, develop business cases, track returns and understand data analytics.
- Is comfortable engaging with senior executives and sales teams.
- Has excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including strong asset creation skills (typically in PowerPoint).
- Prior telecommunications and/or satcom experience is a strong asset.
- Jun 03, 2022
Purpose of the position
Work-Family-Leisure Balance Opportunity
Are you the kind of person who likes to connect with others? Is high tech high on your list of interests? Strigo is an innovative telecommunications company that connects all Canadians who need a mobile satellite internet solution in the most remote areas. Do you thrive in an active, entrepreneurial environment? If so, Strigo might be the way to go.
We are currently looking for an accounting technician to help us manage the growing needs of the company related to the management of the accounting cycle, an autonomous and dynamic person who will be part of the accounting and finance team.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Technician will support the company’s growing needs with respect to the accounting cycle. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for all data entry tasks and paperwork for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and month-end activities.
The ideal candidate has strong team spirit and communication skills, the ability to naturally establish ties with the employees of the Finance team and, more broadly, within Strigo and with our ERP provider, in keeping with Strigo’s culture and values. This position requires the ability to adapt to change quickly in a dynamic start-up company environment, combined with a desire to learn and advance his/her career in a fast-growing company.
This is a permanent position, full-time, i.e. 40 hours per week. Start date: June 15, 2022. Teleworking (90%) and occasional presence in the office (10%). Strigo offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive group insurance plan.
Position level and scope of duties
The incumbent’s main role will be to participate in the full accounting cycle (accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, month ends), perform analyses, and respond to our internal and external partners (customers, partners, suppliers) in order to obtain or provide certain accounting-related information.
Duties and responsibilities
- Encodes and records invoices for payment in the system
- Checks invoices for payment and obtains the necessary approvals
- Prepares the batches of bi-monthly payments to suppliers in keeping with the terms of payment
- Manages emails and calls from suppliers
- Creates and maintains suppliers’ accounts
- Generates invoices and sends them to customers
- Processes customer payments on the Moneris platform
- Performs reconciliation on the monthly credit card statements
- Checks and records employees’ expense accounts
- Performs multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Participates in the month-end data entry and paperwork in the system
- Prepares various internal accounting reports
- Prepares analyses of balance sheet general ledger accounts
- Supports the members of the team
- Performs any other related task needed for the proper operation of the accounting department
- Works collaboratively with and assists the Finance team in achieving the department’s objectives
- Plays an active role in the daily and month-end activities
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Supports the Finance team with the daily and month-end activities
- Ensures that he/she complies with the company’s policies and procedures when carrying out his/her duties
- Provides support for responding to various ad hoc requests, including requests from other departments and process improvements
Required qualifications and competencies
- Spirit of cooperation and commitment
- Sense of priorities and organization
- Thorough, efficient, detail-oriented
- Very independent, dynamic and proactive
- Manages and meets deadlines
- Discretion, discernment and good judgment
- Good ability to adapt to change
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration (accounting or finance option) or in a related field (or DCS + experience)
- Software: Proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Excel, Outlook and Teams); proficient with and knowledgeable in the accounting software Dynamics 365 Business central (asset)
- Bilingualism: (French and English) both oral and written
- Mar 22, 2022
The IT Systems Engineer will manage, monitor and upgrade our IT systems and infrastructure, including to analyze, install, modify and support operating systems, databases, and utilities software. The IT Systems Engineer plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions. This is a multi-disciplinary engineering role (technical and business) supporting the IT strategic and tactical efforts in the development of Strigo’s MSS satellite business. A detail-oriented IT Systems Engineer with proven trouble-shooting skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is desired for this role.
The IT Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for setting up and maintaining computer systems. Their key duties include installing, testing and maintaining computer operating systems. He/She understands customer IT business requirements He/She will translate customer "needs/wants" into IT solutions and, along with other Strigo Team members, will shepherd those requirements through to support business development needs and delivery toward high customer satisfaction.
Job Level and Scope
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and IT the successful candidate is a key member of a cross-functional team that plays a critical role in supporting the evolution and deployment of building Strigo’s IT infrastructure across Canada.
The incumbent maintains and supports Strigo’s IT systems including: provision hardware and software, sets up accounts, resolves technical problems for end users, and enterprise application support. He/She maintains Strigo’s operational and administrative systems and assists in the resolution and escalation of technical problems of end users. Manages and maintains Windows, Active Directory, Office 365 and Exchange Online, maintains accurate records of all maintenance, inventory and security measures as it relates to IT equipment. Supports proprietary hardware and software while ensuring connectivity and support of related local area networks. Assists in the design, implementation, support and maintenance of company’s operational and administrative systems. Designs, administers and maintains system administration functions (backups, disaster recovery, security, documentation and performance monitoring). Test, document and support existing systems and assists in implementation of new systems. Responsible for new system deployment (planning, design, implementation, and documentation). Works with counterparts/vendors to ensure installed and new systems are in compliance with corporate standards and expectations. Coordinates with departments during installation and system modifications or repair. Create and maintain documentation on systems (hardware and software), work and process flows, as well as, development of daily process checklists and procedures.
Administer Linux and Mac environments. Install and configure new servers, workstations, and other IT equipment. Deliver projects end to end, including effective communication with customers and IT vendors. Lead and develop technology initiatives.
Functions and Responsibilities
IT Support & Management
- Contribute to defining the IT vision and roadmap to drive operational performances
- Interact with suppliers,and vendors for necessary IT support activities.
- Document activities, in textual, tabular and diagrammatic forms.
- Contribute to the overall IT roadmap and strategy
- Provide product IT technical support to business users (documentation, technical investigation, etc.)
IT System engineering and project management
- Deploy and manage business critical applications in Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure
- Monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Collaborate with security to coordinate IT policies
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material to internal employees and IT staff
- Participate in general IT operations.
- The IT Systems Engineer should lead by example and expertise, influencing team vision, behaviour, productivity, and professionalism.
- The position has no internal direct reports, but requires working as a partner with Strigo team members and external IT partners .
- The decision-making approach shall be based on supported facts and sound reasoning.
- The incumbent is accountable for IT systems engineering activities and associated action plan delivery in cooperation with the VP Finance & IT
- Contribute to the IT evolution based on business aligned strategy.
- Manage and optimize IT development activities (internally and externally with IT suppliers)
- Define and propose solutions to manage risks, technical difficulties and to achieve IT business objectives
Desired education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience in user support in a cloud-first modern IT environment
- Experience with security operations (i.e. SOC and SOC tools)
- Experience with identity and access management with Azure Active Directory
- Experience working with Microsoft Intune for modern device management
- Experience working with CI/CD tools, Git and Azure DevOps
- Hands-on experience working in Microsoft Azure and Office 365 environments
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac/Linux computers
Self-driven with strong communication skills. Demonstrated passion for IT and strong service acuman with a high level of technical skills. Delivers consistent results in a target-driven growth environment and is genuinely invested in building state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and strategies with a balance between cost, customer satisfaction, and performance.
- Strong team player focused on expertise-sharing and collaboration
- An excellent communicator in English and French.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate and simplify complex IT concepts into business solutions
- Influences and encourages colleagues through visible, open and “available” presence with the team.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an agile, small team/start-up environment where test and learn fast is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including strong asset creation skills (typically in PowerPoint)
- Commitment to Quality Results
- Can propose trade-offs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders
- Proposes plans of action that are timely, realistic, and positive
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and can work independently