Your career is going places!
Get ready! Strigo is a game changer in the Canadian mobile communications space. If you’re tech savvy, inspired by the great outdoors, and driven by team spirit, solidarity, determination and accessibility. Strigo might be just the place for you!
Check out our list of available positions and even if you don’t see one that’s an exact fit, drop us a line. We love hearing from people with get up and go!
- Jan 06, 2022
Purpose of the position
Strigo is looking for a dynamic, independent person to be part of the Accounting and Finance team. Reporting to the Accounting Analyst, the Accounting Technician will support the company’s growing needs in managing the full accounting cycle.
Specifically, when the new accounting system is integrated, the incumbent will be responsible for all data entry tasks and paperwork for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and month-end activities.
The ideal candidate has strong team spirit and communication skills, the ability to naturally establish ties with the employees of the Finance team and, more broadly, within Strigo and with our ERP provider, in keeping with Strigo’s culture and values. This position requires the ability to adapt to change quickly in a dynamic start-up company environment, combined with a desire to learn and advance his/her career in a fast-growing company.
This is a temporary position for 3 to 4 months (opportunity for permanent employment), part-time, i.e. 24 hours per week. Start date in January or February 2022 (TBD). Teleworking (occasional presence in the office).
Position level and scope of duties
The incumbent’s main role will be to participate in the full accounting cycle (accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, month ends), perform analyses, and respond to our internal and external partners (customers, partners, suppliers) in order to obtain or provide certain accounting-related information.
Duties and responsibilities
- Generates invoices and sends them to customers
- Processes customer payments on the Moneris platform
- Puts together purchase orders and invoices received and checks that they match, and updates the Excel purchase-order tracking document
- Checks invoices for payment and obtains the necessary approvals
- Encodes and records invoices for payment in the system
- Prepares the batches of bi-monthly payments to suppliers in keeping with the terms of payment
- Manages emails and calls from suppliers
- Creates and maintains suppliers’ accounts
- Performs reconciliation on the monthly credit card statements
- Checks and records employees’ expense accounts
- Performs multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Participates in the month-end data entry and paperwork in the system
- Organizes the accounting records and storage of them, adheres to the document-archiving policy to ensure optimal availability of information
- Prepares various internal accounting reports
- Prepares analyses of balance sheet general ledger accounts
- Monitors the business-to-business accounts
- Supports the members of the team
- Performs any other related task needed for the proper operation of the accounting department
- Works collaboratively with and assists the Finance team in achieving the department’s objectives
- Plays an active role in the daily and month-end activities
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Supports the Finance team with the daily and month-end activities
- Ensures that he/she complies with the company’s policies and procedures when carrying out his/her duties
- Provides support for responding to various ad hoc requests, including requests from other departments and process improvements
Required qualifications and competencies
- Spirit of cooperation and commitment
- Sense of priorities and organization
- Thorough, efficient, detail-oriented
- Very independent, dynamic and proactive
- Manages and meets deadlines
- Discretion, discernment and good judgment
- Good ability to adapt to change
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration (accounting or finance option) or in a related field (or DCS + experience)
- Software: Proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Excel, Outlook and Teams); proficient with and knowledgeable in the accounting software Sage (asset)
- Availability: 3 days (24 hours) per week Able to adopt a flexible schedule as required
- Bilingualism: (French and English) both oral and written