We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to organize, coordinate and lead a diverse portfolio of projects involving internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated his/her strong leadership ability based on expertise and influence and will have experience managing complex projects from multiple disciplines i.e., strategy, operations, technology, and marketing.
He/She will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination between multiple internal and external stakeholders and will be accountable for providing project status visibility to the senior leadership team and individual project sponsors.
Job Level and Scope
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Program Management Office but supports business/project owners in all phases (initiation, planning, execution and closing) of their project delivery as per project management best practices.
The candidate strongly adheres to, and promotes throughout the organization, Strigo’s vision of using working environment 2.0 tools, technologies, and processes to reach out and interact with internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent communicator in both English and French languages, the successful candidate delivers inspirational, persuasive, factual messages to a broad scale of stakeholders and is capable of leading by influence. Her/His mastery of project management processes as well as the telecom /satcom sectors is a real asset to the organization.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Leads multiple projects with identified stakeholders (internal resources and external vendors).
- Coordinate and monitor cross-project activities as required.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management.
- Analyze project risks and propose mitigation plans in collaboration with the stakeholders.
- Resolve project’s issues in collaboration with the stakeholders.
- Develop tools and communication mechanisms as required.
- Performs Project tracking: Prepares, maintains, and submits clear & concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports.
- He/She applies proactive approach in routinely tracking the project members’ progress against their project commitments.
- The Project Manager leads by example and expertise influencing team vision, behavior, productivity, and professionalism.
- The position has no immediate direct reports but requires working as a partner with Strigo team members and external partners to support a decision-making approach based on supported facts and sound reasoning.
- The incumbent is fully accountable for developing and coordinating action plans and driving execution in a timely manner.
- The incumbent must be confident and thorough to develop, lead and drive meeting agendas in collaboration with project sponsors and ensure the meetings remain within scope and context.
- The incumbent is fully accountable to provide visibility and transparency to all stakeholders during all phases of the project.
- Applies problem solving techniques to address individual project issues and move projects forward.
- Recommends best course of action based on facts and collective understanding of any given situation.
- Drives for consensus among internal and external stakeholders, ensures proper buy-in from relevant functions during the decision-making process.
- Initiates the right discussions to facilitate decision making and encourages action closures.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s in science or Administration or in relevant field. Engineering diploma or MBA is an asset.
- Proven experience as a Project or Program Manager (minimum 5 years) with significant previous experience in complex development activities included but not limited to software, hardware, system integration.
- Good knowledge of change management principles.
- Experience working with business stakeholders in related industries.
- Experience with and understanding of full project or product lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience managing suppliers at different stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Proficiency with project management tools and related technology.
- Knowledge and experience in diverse project management methodologies i.e. agile, scrum, kanban and waterfall.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods - PMP certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework and methodology is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of MS 365 Office and program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project, Azure, Visio, etc.).
- Bilingual (French & English).
Self-driven with strong leadership and interpersonal skills as the candidate will be required to work with various stakeholders with different expertise and backgrounds. Ability to manage simultaneous projects and priorities.
- Ability to lead complex projects.
- Ability to onboard and support stakeholders in following project management methodology and processes (Change agent).
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, drive results, solve problems, and possess interpersonal skills from prior work situations.
- Excellent analytical skills in creating relevant project KPIs.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate progress, issues, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Business skills are a strong asset.
- Maintains a high level of accessibility with employees across Strigo. Instills confidence and takes pride in mentoring employees.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including strong asset creation skills (typically in PowerPoint).
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks, and tracks them.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues, and escalate to the immediate manager where required.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.