Purpose of the position
Work-Family-Leisure Balance Opportunity
Are you the kind of person who likes to connect with others? Is high tech high on your list of interests? Strigo is an innovative telecommunications company that connects all Canadians who need a mobile satellite internet solution in the most remote areas. Do you thrive in an active, entrepreneurial environment? If so, Strigo might be the way to go.
We are currently looking for an accounting technician to help us manage the growing needs of the company related to the management of the accounting cycle, an autonomous and dynamic person who will be part of the accounting and finance team.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Technician will support the company’s growing needs with respect to the accounting cycle. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for all data entry tasks and paperwork for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and month-end activities.
The ideal candidate has strong team spirit and communication skills, the ability to naturally establish ties with the employees of the Finance team and, more broadly, within Strigo and with our ERP provider, in keeping with Strigo’s culture and values. This position requires the ability to adapt to change quickly in a dynamic start-up company environment, combined with a desire to learn and advance his/her career in a fast-growing company.
This is a permanent position, full-time, i.e. 40 hours per week. Start date: June 15, 2022. Teleworking (90%) and occasional presence in the office (10%). Strigo offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive group insurance plan.
Position level and scope of duties
The incumbent’s main role will be to participate in the full accounting cycle (accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, month ends), perform analyses, and respond to our internal and external partners (customers, partners, suppliers) in order to obtain or provide certain accounting-related information.
Duties and responsibilities
- Encodes and records invoices for payment in the system
- Checks invoices for payment and obtains the necessary approvals
- Prepares the batches of bi-monthly payments to suppliers in keeping with the terms of payment
- Manages emails and calls from suppliers
- Creates and maintains suppliers’ accounts
- Generates invoices and sends them to customers
- Processes customer payments on the Moneris platform
- Performs reconciliation on the monthly credit card statements
- Checks and records employees’ expense accounts
- Performs multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Participates in the month-end data entry and paperwork in the system
- Prepares various internal accounting reports
- Prepares analyses of balance sheet general ledger accounts
- Supports the members of the team
- Performs any other related task needed for the proper operation of the accounting department
- Works collaboratively with and assists the Finance team in achieving the department’s objectives
- Plays an active role in the daily and month-end activities
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues in all departments
- Supports the Finance team with the daily and month-end activities
- Ensures that he/she complies with the company’s policies and procedures when carrying out his/her duties
- Provides support for responding to various ad hoc requests, including requests from other departments and process improvements
Required qualifications and competencies
- Spirit of cooperation and commitment
- Sense of priorities and organization
- Thorough, efficient, detail-oriented
- Very independent, dynamic and proactive
- Manages and meets deadlines
- Discretion, discernment and good judgment
- Good ability to adapt to change
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration (accounting or finance option) or in a related field (or DCS + experience)
- Software: Proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Excel, Outlook and Teams); proficient with and knowledgeable in the accounting software Dynamics 365 Business central (asset)
- Bilingualism: (French and English) both oral and written